Sunday, November 25, 2012

My First 10km ( Run For Hope 2012 )

Run For Hope is a non competitive run for cancer research.. also means Charity... Finally the day came.. 18 Nov 2012.. Which is the first run my sis & I take part in.. =) We just wanna give it a try & also to do something for cancer research...

We meet up at 5.15am for mac at Serangoon central.. Then after breakfast we took a cab to " The Padang "... We rest for a while then start doing warm up.. before the run start.. Everybody is getting so excited... I can feel the positive energy there.. The morning weather was great..











The run start off at 7.15am... Everyone ran! =) I'm trying very hard not to catch up with all those who is faster than me.. Because I don't wanna lose my energy so fast... I told Sis to go ahead if she needed to.. No point waiting for each other.. But of course she is my motivation to move forward... =D





 
In between 6km onwards my body had struggle a little... my body is feeling sore.. But i keep going.. till I see 8km.. I started to ran a little more faster... My sis reached the finish point first.. & she is waiting for me.. When I see the finishing point.. I faster put all my energy to reach the last finishing point! I feel great.. I know my timing is a little slow.. My time is ( 1hr 46 mins ) But is a achievement for me..

I had learn something new after the run.. I learned that " Is not about the timing in the run & winning others.. Is about winning myself, my mind & my body " I feel really great after the run.. Because it given me the confident & the courage to challenge myself.. & I believe I can do it.. & I really did..







 I wanna Thanks My supportive husband who is giving me his mentally support at home because he needed to take care of our son.. & I wanna thank Sis.. for believing me that I can do it.. Have faith in me.. & be my marathon Buddy.. Because of running our relationship has been really good..

No comments:

Post a Comment